Guideline Priorities (Was Re: OCMIP Guidelines Phase B2 (Tentative))

Dear Jorge,

It's a good idea to try to clarify the priorities.  I believe we all
agree that 1st priority is to finish analysis of bomb and natural
14C, as well as anthropogenic and natural CO2 (sol. + bio. pumps).

The basic difference between your notes and the guidelines I sent is
that that you give the 2nd priority (C) to running O2 and C-13 and 3rd
priority (D) to the pure circulation tracers (age, dye, multiple decay
rate, and CFC's); conversely, I group O2, C-13, as well as the age, dye,
and multiple decay rate tracers as 2nd priority (B2), and the CFC's as
3rd priority (C).

To keep things clear, I agree to use your notation.  Also I agree,
more or less, to your ordering of priorities.  I do suggest, however,
that the CFC runs be moved to last phase, because analysis will
probably be long and involved, i.e., given the vast amount of data
available.  Thus taking into account your comments and mine, I suggest
the following order

- --------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phase   Description
  A     (Completed)
  B     Natural and bomb C-14; natural and anthropogenic CO2 (in progress)
  C     O2 and C-13
  D     Multiple decay rate tracers
  E     Age and Dye tracers
  F     CFC's