Re: alkalinity

Perhaps I didn't explain this well. It is true that the biological model
conserves the inventories of DOP + PO4 and Alk - 16 DOP. But because of
numerical artifacts, such as deep acceleration and global P-E imbalances,
these will not be conserved in our implementation. If we do not perform
adjustments, the numerics will add or remove alk. We adjusting values to
compensate for this.

Keith Lindsay                              phone: 303-497-1722
Climate and Global Dynamics                fax:   303-497-1700
National Center for Atmospheric Research   email: klindsay@cgd.ucar.edu
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000