Re: Completed HOWTO's - Abiotic and Biotic

Hello OCMIP Modelers,

My last e-mail was accidently sent a bit prematurely.  In any case,
final versions of the Abiotic HOWTO

 http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/OCMIP/phase2/simulations/Abiotic/HOWTO-Abiotic.html

and the Biotic HOWTO

 http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/OCMIP/phase2/simulations/Biotic/HOWTO-Biotic.html

are now available!  Technically, they are both similar to what was made
available previously. However, details have been added and all programs
and data files are now accessible via links in each Web page. Please be
sure to hit "Reload" when accessing these documents.  The Abiotic-HOWTO is
currently at Revision 1.9, whereas the Biotic-HOWTO is at Revision 1.6.

Now that final versions of these documents are available, PLEASE wait no
longer to begin these simulations!  We need results as soon as possible.
At the OCMIP-2 workshop next month, we will include your results in our
analysis for steady-state, Abiotic C-14 and CO2, i.e., if you can make
your output available by May 15th.  So please try to make at least the
Abiotic "Equilibrium" simulation quickly! Also high on the priority
list is the Abiotic "Historical" run.

Thanks,  Jim

   James Orr                       Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat
   LSCE, CEA Saclay                             et de l'Environnement
   Bat. 709 - Orme                 Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS
                                             |    |
   mailto:  orr@cea.fr            (country code)  (when in France)