Re: Completed HOWTO's - Abiotic and Biotic

Jim,

I am surprised to see that the units for the surface computations are
different from previous HOWTO's, using constant density to interface with
Chris & Bob's code. I wanted to make sure that this is the final OCMIP
position on this matter and that other modelers, who may have started runs
with the previous methodology, are aware of this change.

The climatological data (P, Fice, xKw) consists of monthly means. We, at
NCAR, are treating the values as mid-monthly values and are linearly
interpolating to the model time step. This is slightly different than
treating the values are monthly averages. Is this acceptable? This issue
does not appear to be addressed by the HOWTO. What are other modelers
doing?

Thanks,
Keith

Keith Lindsay                              phone: 303-497-1722
Climate and Global Dynamics                fax:   303-497-1700
National Center for Atmospheric Research   email: klindsay@cgd.ucar.edu
P.O. Box 3000
Boulder, CO  80307-3000