Re: Today's new Abiotic HOWTO (final) - 1. Output routines

OCMIP modelers,

ALL output routines linked through the latest Abiotic HOWTO
(Revision 1.14) have changed. Here is the complete list:

       write_nc_Abiotic_equil.f
       write_nc_Abiotic_hist_year_3D.f
       write_nc_Abiotic_hist_year_2D.f
       write_nc_Abiotic_hist_year_0D.f
       write_nc_Abiotic_futr_year_3D.f
       write_nc_Abiotic_futr_year_2D.f
       write_nc_Abiotic_futr_year_0D.f
       write_nc_Abiotic_puls_year_2D.f
       write_nc_Abiotic_puls_year_0D.f
       write_nc_Abiotic_TS_year.f

Changes are as follows:

1) The first routine (write_nc_Abiotic_equil.f) has changed slightly.
   Now you need to pass your 3-D alkalinity field as input, in
   addition to DIC and DIC14.  For those who have already submitted
   this output, I'm sorry but I must ask you to resubmit. I hope that
   adding this one field won't take too much of your time.

2) The last routine (write_nc_Abiotic_TS_year.f) and its corresponding
   output file have both changed their names: we have added "Abiotic"
   to distinguish this output from the Biotic run.  An analogous
   routine (write_nc_Biotic_TS_year.f) has been created, and linked to
   the Biotic HOWTO. Don't worry if you have already submitted output
   with the old routine (write_nc_Abiotic_TS_year.f).  The filename is
   the only significant change.  If your Abiotic Equilibrium output
   and Biotic output correspond to identical conditions (u, v, w, T,
   S, etc.)  in your physical model (e.g., if you made both runs
   simultaneously), I need to know (please send me e-mail).

3) All other routines (*.[023]D.f) are new.  The four-letter code just
   following "Abiotic" indicates the "run" (Equilibrium, Historical,
   Future, Pulse)for which each of these routines is used to store
   your output in standard OCMIP-2 format.

All output routines were written by Patrick Brockmann.

- -- Jim

   James Orr
   Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS

   LSCE, CEA Saclay