Re: OCMIP gathering at AGU Ocean Sciences meeting?

OCMIP members,

Concerning the AGU Ocean Sciences meeting, it looks like the following
will attend: J. Bullister, S. Doney, H. Drange, J.-Cl. Dutay, N. Gruber,
R. Hanson (maybe), R. Key, C. Le Quere, F. Louanchi, M. Follows, R.
Najjar, J. Orr, J. Sarmiento, and C. Sabine.  Most have expressed interest
in attending the our OCMIP gathering.

I propose that we meet on Monday morning (Jan 24), for a half-day session.
That choice is based on my quick perusal of the presentations from authors
above (via the new "Personal Meeting Itinerary" facility on the AGU Web
page for this meeting). On Monday morning, no one above is scheduled to
give a talk, as first author.  However, during that time there are 3
conflicts: Sarmiento - 2nd author, Doney - 2nd author, Bullister - 3rd
author poster.  Unfortunately, I was not able to do any better than that.
Almost all other half-day session have at least one OCMIP-member giving a
presentation as 1st author, and there are more conflicts as as "et al."
authors.

If you want to attend but are not on the list above, please let me know
quickly so we can work out logistics.  Ray Najjar has kindly offered to
make room arrangements.

Best regards,

Jim

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, James Orr wrote:

> OCMIP members,
>
> Many of us will be at the upcoming AGU Ocean Sciences meeting in San
> Antonio, Texas (24-28 January 2000).  This seems a nice opportunity to
> hold an informal OCMIP gathering. There have been some interesting
> developments since our workshop in May. Also with our 3rd and final year
> nearly upon us, some decisions need to be made concerning analysis
> priorities.
>
> I suggest that those of us going to San Antonio should meet.  A meeting
> over dinner would be OK; a half-day session would be better. Let me know
> if you will be going to San Antonio so that I can keep you informed of
> plans.  On the other hand, if you aren't planning to attend AGU, don't
> worry.  This OCMIP get-together will be informal.  It is not meant to
> replace the next OCMIP-2 workshop to be held sometime next summer.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Jim

>    James Orr
>    Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement
>    Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS
>
>    LSCE, CEA Saclay
>    Bat. 709 - Orme                 mailto:  orr@cea.fr
>    F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex    Phone:   (33) (0)1 69 08 77 23
>    FRANCE                          Fax:     (33) (0)1 69 08 77 16

   James Orr