Injection HOWTO (Semi-final)

OCMIP modelers,

The Injection HOWTO has been substantially modified.  Now, groups that
want to participate in these runs need only submit output from 1
simulation.  Three other runs are encouraged, but optional.

  From Abstract:
  --------------
  In the REQUIRED "Standard scenario" atmospheric pCO2 is prescribed
  and CO2 is injected at 1500 m (Run C1500).  An analogous simulation
  is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED where injection occurs instead at 3000 m (Run
  C3000). Additionally, we include two OPTIONAL simulations: (1) an
  analogous run with injection at 800 m (Run C800) and (2) an
  "Emissions case" where fossil emissions to the atmosphere are
  prescribed and injection is made at 1500 m (Run E1500).

And the latest Injection HOWTO has other big changes.  However, it
will take another couple of weeks before it is in final form.

In the meantime, I am releasing a "semi-final" version of the
Injection HOWTO, so that those working on coding these runs won't
waste time. The HTML version of the latest Injection HOWTO (Revision 1.8)
is now available from the OCMIP Web page.

- -- Jim

   James Orr
   Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS

   LSCE, CEA Saclay