C14 on isopycnals

All,

This morning I am constructing maps of the measured C-14 distribution
on pressure surfaces for the entire Pacific. The shallower surfaces
are from Levitus. At deeper levels I am using a slightly increased
vertical density. The pressure levels are:

c14lev_c(0,10,20,30,50,75,100,125,150,200,250,seq(300,2500,by=100),seq(2750,4000,by=250),seq(4500,5500,by=500))

where seq=sequence

Gridding is 1X1 degree using objective mapping. I have saved the error
maps also. The results will be posted to the web via the GLODAP site
(http://cdiac.esd.ornl.gov/cdiac/oceans/glodap/), but will actually be
displayed using the NOAA LAS server (same place used for Indian Ocean
carbon display;  http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/las-bin/CMC_LiveAccess).

In the next week I will make maps on potential density surfaces. I would
like to reduce interpolation required to match up to models as much as
possible. Therefore, I would appreciate a listing of "layers" used by
those whose models run on density rather than depth coordinates. If
required I can map onto sigmaX where X=0,1,2,3,4.

The Pacific Ocean alkalinity and TCO2 calibrations are nearing
completion.
Once that is done, I will reproduce the above listed maps using
bomb-produced and natural C-14. Separation will be via the "potential
alkalinity" method devised by Rubin (variation of Broecker's silicate
method).

Integral values will be calculated from the depth maps.

If anyone wants to see vertical sections, these are already available
on the GLODAP site (go to "Details" then find Figures under the
Radiocarbon section (down about 1.5 pages). The colors on these sections
are awful. For publication, the sections can be remade in colors to
match model output.

bob

p.s. Indian Ocean C-14 measurements are about 50% complete
begin:vcard
n:Key;Robert
tel;fax:609-258-1274
tel;work:609-258-3595
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://geoweb.princeton.edu/staff/Key
org:Princeton University;Geosciences
version:2.1
email;internet:key@princeton.edu
title:Research Oceanographer
adr;quoted-printable:;;B80 Guyot Hall=0D=0ADept. of Geosciences=0D=0APrinceton University;Princeton;NJ;08544;US
x-mozilla-cpt:;0
fn:Robert Key
end:vcard