Plan for OCMIP meeting (Jan 24th)

OCMIP members,

The focus of our imminent meeting in San Antonio (Jan 24, i.e., in just 10
days) will be on (1) accomplishments since the May 1999 workshop and (2)
plans for the 3rd year for OCMIP-2.

Below is a preliminary list of what I think should be presented and
discussed. Please send suggestions, by this Monday morning, Jan. 17th.
Also, if you are listed to present something, I need to know how much time
you think you will need.  Keep in mind that we have only half a day.
Presentations must be kept short (15 min max) and focused on the two
points above.  The idea is spend more time discussing than presenting.

1. Recent Accomplishments
=========================
   1.1 Model comparison
   --------------------
   - J.-Cl. Dutay,              Progress on CFCs: analysis, manuscript, plans
   - J. Orr,                    Abiotic runs: submissions, analysis, plans
   - R. Najjar                  Biotic runs: submissions, analysis, plans
   - O. Aumont(*)               CO2 Sequestration runs: 1st comparison, plans

   1.2 Analysis Package
   --------------------
   - P. Brockmann(*)            GAP (Tecplot tools, Ferret scripts,
                                Fortran programs)

   1.3 Global Data Sets
   --------------------
   - J. Bullister               CFC-11 and CFC-12
   - R. Key                     C-14
   - C. Sabine                  CO2
   - F. Louanchi and R. Najjar  PO4 and O2

(*) Will not be present in San Antonio - stand-in presentation by J. Orr

2. General Discussion
---------------------
   - Complaints, suggestions     (e.g., Control run, ...)
   - Y2K analysis:               Common analysis; Subprojects?,
                                 Writing strategy?
   - Y2K runs:                   He-3 run; Age tracer?
   - Y2K Workshop:               When and where?
   - Future                      2001 and beyond
   - Other?

I will send out further details about the meeting Monday.

Best regards,

-- Jim

   James Orr
   Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS (UMR 1572)

   LSCE, CEA Saclay                http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/~jomce
   Bat. 709 - Orme                 mailto:  orr@cea.fr