Re: Princeton workshop - Wednesday morning session

Workshop participants,

Currently there 10 presentations scheduled for the Wednesday "Individual
Studies" session (see below).  Also, unless there are objections, let's
hold this session Wednesday afternoon since the all late-comers will be
there by then.  As a result of this switch, the former Wednesday PM
session (Special session on CO2 Injection and GAP analysis) will now be
held Wednesday morning.

Wednesday PM session (new): Individual Studies
 (1) John Marshall (MIT)
     A new way to look at CFC simulations to infer the contribution of
     ocean mixing

 (2) Yongqi Gao (NERSC)
     Sensitivity of Diapycnal Mixing  on Oceanic Uptake of CFCs in an
     Isopycnic Coordinate Ocean Model

 (3) J. R. Toggweiler (GFDL)
     How large is the solubility pump in the ocean?

 (4) Nicolas Gruber (PRINCE)
     Air-sea fluxes of oxygen and CO2 from an inversion of ocean bulk
     data

 (5) Anand Gnanadesikan  (Prince)
     New production as a constraint on ocean circulation:
     A comparison between observational and model estimates

 (6) Jean-Michel Campin (UCL/UL)
     Numerical effects of model internal variability
     on biological tracers

 (7) Andrew Yool (SOC)
     Indirect effects of the biological pump on the oceanic uptake of
     anthropogenic CO2

 (8) Marie-France Weirig (AWI)
     Modeling different CO2 scenarios with the AWI-model

 (9) Ian Totterdell (SOC)
     The effects of climate change on air-sea carbon fluxes

(10) Kasper Plattner (PIUB)
     Recent global warming results obtained with the 2D Bern-model
     using the new IPCC SRES emission scenarios

-- Jim

On Wed, 31 May 2000, James Orr wrote:

> Princeton workshop participants,
>
> Our OCMIP workshop will have one of the largest gatherings of global ocean
> carbon-cycle modelers ever. Jorge has suggested that we widen the Agenda,
> allowing for new ideas to come to the surface, by allotting for short
> presentations concerning studies by the individual groups.  It seems now
> that the best plan would be to start the meeting with this "Individual
> studies" session, on Wednesday morning (July 5th). Previously there was no
> session scheduled Wednesday morning session. Only one person has contacted
> me directly though, concerning difficulties making the meeting on
> Wednesday.  For those who can't make Wednesday, I can try to summarize
> either on an individual basis or at the general session on Thursday.
>
> If you are interested in briefly presenting some of your recent work,
> please send me a short e-mail including a title for your presentation.
> I'll set things up as a function of what I receive by next Tuesday (6
> June).  As a starting point, Presentations will probably be limited to 15
> minutes, but if you need less, let me know. If time allows, groups can
> give more than 1 presentation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

>    James Orr
>    Laboratoire des Sciences du Climat et de l'Environnement
>    Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS
>
>    LSCE, CEA Saclay                http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/~jomce
>    Bat. 709 - Orme                 mailto:  orr@cea.fr
>    F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex    Phone:   (33) (0)1 69 08 77 23
>    FRANCE                          Fax:     (33) (0)1 69 08 77 16

   James Orr