future directions in ocean carbon-cycle modeling

We (Corinne Lequere and Ken Caldeira) are tasked with discussing
future directions in ocean carbon-cycle modeling at the upcoming
SCOR/IOC Ocean CO2 Panel meeting.

So that we can avoid overemphasizing our own parochial biases, it
would be helpful if ocean carbon-cycle modelers could send us a
succinct e-mail message describing your views on:

1. modeling: Where should emphasis be placed in ocean carbon-cycle
modeling over the next decade?

2. observations: Which observations or observational programs could
most cost-effectively advance the state of ocean carbon-cycle
simulation over the next decade?

A brief response to these questions will help us to better represent
community interests. We thank you in advance for your help in this
matter.

Regards,

Corinne Lequere, lequere@bgc-jena.mpg.de
Ken Caldeira, kenc@llnl.gov